I highly recommend that AMS administrators and users get involved with their software’s users group. iMIS folks should give serious consideration to attending one of more of the NiUG events held each year. I’ve attended quite a few NiUG meetings on the east coast, and this slate of sessions and speakers offered at the upcoming conference in Chicago on April 18-20 offers a jam packed lineup.
The pre-conference schedule offers 5 choices of full day training sessions for an additional fee. The extra fees are reasonable by comparison with other training centers. Plus at NiUG, you get the benefit of training with iMIS expert trainers on an iMIS Database with iMIS tables and fields. For new iMIS Database Administrators, these sessions can be eye opening, empowering you to return to the office and create new solutions to business problems at your association. The pre-conference sessions include the following offerings:
- Task Center
- SQL Server Intermediate/Advanced
- Crystal Reports
- SSRS-SQL Server Reporting Services
- Introduction to iMIS Membership and AR/Cash
The conference itself includes the following sessions:
- What’s coming in iMIS 15.2 -from ASI
- Trends and Engagement with Mobile Platform in Your Organization-Alan Atwood, TX Medical Assn and Kelly Flowers, Powered by DUB
- Social Networking Going Mobile: Becoming Social and Generating Engagement- Andy Steggles, Higher Logic
- A look at ASI’s Resources – from ASI
- And 18 additional breakout sessions over 2 days.
If you miss this event, start making plans now to get to the next NiUG event in Baltimore on October 19-21, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor.